Switching to a minimalist lifestyle can be a little overwhelming. When your house is overstuffed with things you never use, it’s hard to know where to even begin.
(This is coming from someone who started with an overflowing house! I seriously was on the track of being a hoarder. Scary!)
If you’re busy working full time or have young kids, it’s difficult to find a large chunk of time to begin tackling the cleanout process.
Something I’ve learned during this minimalist process is that you don’t need an hour-long block of time to be able to get things done. When you have a lot going on in life, it’s hard to find a huge chunk of time. I mean really, that’s why we’re pursuing minimalism, isn’t it? To have the freedom to pursue the things that are important to us?
I’ve made a list of minimalism hacks you can do to begin living a minimalistic lifestyle. And they can be done in a minute or less! That way on those crazy busy days you might only have a spare minute- you can still be working on simplifying life.
P.S. Remember minimalism is about intentionality, not deprivation!
One Minute Minimalism Hacks
Here is a list of things you can get rid of in a minute or less. This way you can get started on a minimalist lifestyle no matter how busy you are.
Before you get started, make sure you have some trash bags on hand that you can easily fill!
Hefty Strong Large Trash Bags (affiliate) from Amazon.
- Throw away your stack of junk mail.
- Find three broken pens and get rid of them.
- Get rid of any paper clutter on your counter.
- Put two dishes you don’t use in your donate bag.
- Get rid of an appliance you never use.
- Donate two shirts you never wear.
- Get rid of a pair of shoes.
- Donate a pair of pants that don’t fit.
- Throw away mismatched socks.
- Donate a sweatshirt.
- Get rid of a knick-knack you don’t love.
- Throw out old food.
- Get rid of your stack of magazines.
- Grab a piece of decor you don’t like and get rid of it.
- Find a weird mug and get rid of it.
- Get rid of water bottles you never use.
- Get rid of a book you never read.
- Throw out old makeup.
- Throw away a candle that smells bad.
- Get rid of any chipped or broken glasses.
There you have it! Quick one-minute minimalism hacks that will help you get started towards minimalism.
Remember you don’t have to tackle the entire house at a time! Just start with one small task at a time. You’ll begin seeing progress faster than you think!