Summer is pretty much here!!
I’ve got the tan lines to prove it. Unfortunately, those tan lines are from rubber boots (hey, I don’t like to be stepped on by calves and horses) and shorts- thank goodness this isn’t a fashion blog.
When summer is here, I feel like doing zero cooking. And I mean zero. I just want to survive on watermelon and whatever other fruit is in season.
Too bad everyone else in the family still wants to eat.
With all the nice weather I don’t want to be stuck inside cooking anymore than absolutely necessary.
When winter time is here, I tend to get into that cozy baking mode. You know, the mode where you make cinnamon rolls and eat a pan in a day…
I’ve been compiling a list of quick meals that you can use in the summer so you can save time!
About the meal plan:
Several of these recipes require similar ingredients that will simplify your grocery shopping. (tortillas, cilantro, etc.) I like keeping grocery lists short and sweet thanks to my little helpers. 😉
Three of the recipes require chicken: if you want to save yourself even more time, go ahead and cook all of it on the first night you make a chicken recipe!
Also, it’s designed to feed 3-4; if you’re feeding more you’ll probably have to double the recipe!
Fifteen Minute Meal Plans For The Summer:
1. Corn and Black Bean Salsa
- 1 can corn
- 1 can Black beans
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 1-2 TBS Cilantro
- 1-2 TBS Lemon juice
- 2 tsp garlic salt
- Optional: Tortillas
- Throw everything in a bowl and mix it up. That’s it.
We love to wrap it up in tortillas or you can eat it straight like a bean salad. We might be addicted….
2. Quick Stir Fry
This is the bare minimum of stir fry. No fancy ingredients, just things you’ll probably find in your fridge.
- 1 onion
- 3 peppers, (green, red, yellow if you like variety.)
- 1/3 to 1/2 pound chicken, beef, or whatever meat you have cut into thin slices.
- Garlic salt
- Olive oil
- Warm up a pan with a couple tablespoons of olive oil in it over medium high heat.
- While the pan is warming slice the onion, green pepper, and meat.
- Throw all of it in the pan and sprinkle garlic salt on top. This cooks fast so make sure you stir often to keep from burning.
- Throw it in a tortilla or on top of rice and it’s ready to eat!
3. BBQ Chicken Pizza
- 2-3 tortillas
- BBQ sauce
- Chicken, cooked and cubed or shredded
- 1 cup grated cheese
- 1/2 purple onion, chopped.
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Lay your tortillas on a greased cookie sheet.
- Spread BBQ sauce on top.
- Sprinkle chicken over the tortilla than top with the cilantro and chopped onion.
- Spread cheese over the pizzas.
- Place in the oven for 5-10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
4. Pesto Pasta
- Noodles (I use different noodles every time. It depends on what I find in the pantry.)
- 4-5 TBS Olive oil
- 5 TBS Pesto
- 3 cloves Garlic finely chopped
- Parmesan Cheese
- Optional: Cooked Chicken (cubed or shredded)
- Cook your noodles according to directions on package. (if you decide to make your own noodles this will take longer than fifteen minutes!)
- Warm up olive oil, pesto, chicken, and garlic in a deep dish pan.
- Once noodles are cooked, drain and add them into the pan with the pesto and stir around until completely coated.
- Place on plate and top with Parmesan cheese and it’s ready to go!
- Note: the amount of pesto you use varies on how strong it is. Test taste it first and make sure you don’t overload it!
I hope these four meals help you with some quick summer dinners. You can still eat good fresh dinners without the hassle!!
Coming Soon: It’s here!!!
Remember that time when I talked about quitting my Shopify store?
Remember how I said the only reason I didn’t do it was my lack of time?
Well, I decided it was something I really, truly wanted to pursue. So I’ve been working on managing my time more effectively, learning to say no to certain things, and not taking on every project I think of. (The curse of an overactive mind.)
If you want a sneak peak of the store, go check out The Planner Boutique!